Maintaining good health is crucial for achieving not just optimal physical health but also for emotional and mental wellbeing. Achieving good health calls for doing exercises, eating the right foods, and staying away from bad lifestyle practices. If you haven’t paid attention to your health yet, it’s high time to do that as your neglected health can make you prone to illness or diseases anytime. To help you get started, we have listed some fitness tips for beginners. Do check them out:
Engage In A Physical Activity Everyday
Engaging in physical activities doesn’t mean you have to run every day like a runner or do strength training like a bodybuilder. No doubt running and strength training are good for physical health, you can even stick to light activities to stay fit. Some of the light activities you can incorporate in your daily lives include bicycling, jogging, jumping, swimming, house cleaning, and dancing, to name a few.
Follow A Nutrient-Rich Diet
A nutrient-rich diet is crucial for physical well-being. Our body needs the right fuel to carry bodily functions efficiently. No doubt you can eat all the fatty foods and still carry a workout session, but that won’t help you perform well when it comes to strength training. Similarly, loading up your body with just carbs or proteins is also not right. Therefore, you should eat foods that offer you all the nutrients in moderation. For a nutrient-rich diet, you should eat:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables including leafy greens.
- Healthy carbohydrates like whole-grains, seeds, legumes, and nuts.
- Protein-rich food such as beans, legumes, nut & nut butter, eggs, fish, dairy, and chicken.
- Healthy fats including whole eggs, cheese, nuts, dark chocolate, and nut butter.
Take care Of Mental Health
Exercising and eating right is of no use if your mental health is suffering. The mind is the controller of the body and you are the one who can control your mind. The mind is extremely vulnerable and can easily capture the negative emotions like anger, stress, fear, etc. To get rid of these negativities, it is important to relax the mind. No doubt exercising and eating well is a good way to lift a bad mood; sometimes it’s hard to calm the mind. In such cases, you should think of ways how to de-stress your wavering mind. For that, we recommend doing the following:
- Doing meditation and yoga.
- Enjoying and spending time with your best friends or family now and then.
- Watching comedy shows or videos and laughing often.
- Going outdoors/traveling.
- Doing activities you love such as reading, singing, listening to music, gardening, etc.
- Getting at least 6 hours of sleep at night.
- Praying every day.
- Sharing problems with dear ones.
- Staying mindful at all times.
- Teaching what you know. (If you are a fitness freak, you can tell fitness tips for beginners to those who want to live a healthy life).
Do Cardio & Strength Training
Cardio exercises allow your heart to beat faster and eventually breathe deeper and better. You can opt for light cardio or intense cardio exercises depending on your fitness goals. Going for a distance run or jog, doing abs exercises, dancing, and jumping are some slow activities you can opt for. If you want intense cardio, try kickboxing, speed walking, and circuit training.
Besides cardio, do strength training at least three times a weak. Focus on developing your muscles by lifting weights. You can start from light weights and then switch to heavy ones. Get dumbbells or a resistance band to do exercises for biceps, legs, calves, triceps, chest, arms, and so on.
Ditch Bad Habits
Whether you smoke, drink, or eat junk food, ditch all the bad habits so as to stay healthy. If you can’t give up these things entirely, limit their consumption.
Follow these beneficial fitness tips for beginners to stay healthy & happy forever!