Using Apple Cider Vinegar To Lose Weight
Apple cider vinegar is a delicious drink with many wonderful health benefits. This health tonic lowers blood sugar levels. Incorporating apple cider vinegar in your diet can help you lose weight. Let us find out how.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is the result of a fermentation process of apples and yeast. First, apples are crushed and mixed with yeast so that their sugars are converted into alcohol. Next, bacteria are added to the fermented apples so that the alcohol gets converted into acetic acid. Traditionally, this process takes about a month to get ready, but modern-day equipment has made it possible to get it ready within a day too.
This liquid contains 5 to 6% of acetic acid, also known as ethanoic acid. It also contains water and certain other acids in small quantities. The drink tastes sour and has a strong odor. I15 ml contains only 3 calories and no carbs.
Health Benefits Of Acetic Acid Towards Weight Loss
Acetic acid is the main component of apple cider vinegar. It promotes weight loss in several ways.
- This drink lowers blood sugar levels. It boosts the functioning of the liver and helps it take more sugar from the blood.
- It decreases insulin levels as it reduces the ration of insulin to glucagon.
- Acetic acid boost metabolism.
- It also reduces fat storage. It protects the body from weight gain and reduces belly fat storage.
- Acetic acid also helps in burning fat and assists in less body fat buildup.
- It suppresses appetite and reduces calorie intake. This acid promotes fullness. It also slows down the rate at which food leaves a person’s stomach.
- This vinegar has proven effects on weight and body fat.
- It also improves PCOS symptoms. Women who are suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome should take this vinegar for 90 to 110 days to get improved results with their insulin sensitivity.
How To Consume This Vinegar For Weight Loss?
It is best consumed with your diet to help you lose weight. The recommended dosage should be 1 to 2 tablespoons. This drink can help you reduce your body fat percentage. You can also use it with olive oil on your salads as a dressing. This vinegar tastes great with tomatoes, green salad vegetables, and cucumbers. Many people also use it to pickling their vegetables. It is ideal to have 2 tablespoons of this vinegar with water every day.
You can also spread this dosage into smaller amounts throughout the day and have it just before your meals. Do not have it more than the recommended amount as it may lead to enamel erosion of your teeth. Taking more than 1 tablespoon at a time can also cause nausea in some people. Also, never have it without mixing with water as the vinegar in raw form may cause burning in your esophagus or throat.
Ask your doctor about the consumption of apple cider vinegar before your meals for weight loss. It is a natural drink with many health benefits.