A properly laid out workout plan for women can help them get strong and all toned up way too quickly. Moreover, today, women too enjoy weight training, squatting and deadlifting just like men. Earlier women-only indulged in cardio, but nowadays, women do all the activities in a gym just like men. Weight training, squatting and also dead-lifting can make women curvier and leaner.
Here is the ultimate 5-day workout plan for women.
Warm-Up Before Workout
A proper warming-up session is necessary before you begin any kind of weight training. This increases your heart rate, circulation and also prepares your body for more intense workouts, prevents the risk of injury. When you stretch your muscles in a warming-up session, you increase the elasticity of your muscle fiber. With a good warm-up, you also increase your potential for a workout. As the blood flow increases, more oxygen and also nutrients are carried to each and every part of the body, thereby resulting in more energy. Furthermore, you can include one minute of knee lifts, heel digs, knee bends, head rotations and also hip rotations each in your warm-up.
Workout Plan for Women – Day 1
The basic idea is to concentrate on each part of the body every day of the week. You can dedicate your Mondays to Chest and Arms. The exercises will help you build lean muscles and will also enable you to burn more calories. This will also help to melt away stubborn fat.
- 3 sets of 15 reps of Flat bench barbell press
- 3 sets of 10 reps of push-ups
- 3 sets of 15 reps of Incline Dumbell Flyers
- 3 sets of 15 reps of Barbell Biceps Curls
- 3 sets of 15 reps of Triceps Dips
Workout Plan for Women – Day 2
You can dedicate Tuesdays for Shoulders and Back. These exercises will strengthen your back and also your core muscles. Gradually, you will find your back pain vanish.
- 3 sets of 10 reps of Standing Barbell Military Press
- 5 sets of 15 reps of Dumbbell Lateral Raise
- 3 sets of 15 reps of Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- 5 sets of 15 reps of Dumbbell Shrugs
- 3 sets of 15 reps per arm of Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows
- 3 sets of 15 reps of T-Bar Rows
Workout Plan for Women – Day 3
Dedicate Wednesdays to Cardio Circuit. These exercises involve high-intensity cardio workouts to strengthen your core, abs, legs and also your arm muscles.
- 10 burpees
- 10 push-ups
- 15 crunches
- 20 squat thrusts
- 3 sets of 10 hanging leg raise
- 3 x 1-minute rounds of plank
Workout Plan for Women – Day 4
You can dedicate Thursdays for Overall Strengthening. Moreover, this includes a bit of cardio on the stationary bike and some weight training.
- 3 sets of 10 reps of Incline Dumbbell Press
- 3 sets of 10 reps of Flat Bench Barbell Press
- 5 sets of 5 reps of Deadlifts
- 3 sets of 5 reps of Barbell Clean and Press
- 5 sets of 5 reps of Barbell Bent-over Rows
- 10 minutes on the stationary bike
Workout Plan for Women – Day 5
Day 5 can be dedicated to your legs only. Furthermore, perform the below-mentioned exercises for stronger legs.
- 3 sets of 10 reps of Barbell Squats
- 3 sets of 10reps of Leg Press Machine
- 3 sets of 15 reps of Leg Extensions
- 3 sets of 15 reps of Hamstring Curls
- 3 sets of 10 reps per leg of Walking Lunges
- 3 sets of 20 reps per leg of Standing Calf Raise